Paramedic Response Service
CMR was specifically formed in April 2001 to service an urgent need for Advanced Life-Support paramedic services in the Far South area. From our somewhat small start, the Company has grown steadily to become a strong and essential part of the Far South community.
FUNCTIONS OF THE CMR PARAMEDIC RESPONSE SERVICE
- arrive on the scene as quickly as possible
- assess the situation and the condition of the patient in need of medical attention
- immediately begin treatment and stabilize or resuscitate the patient
- establish what additional emergency medical treatment or service may be required (intensive care, surgery, radiology, etc.)
- arrange the most appropriate emergency transport by ambulance or helicopter and continue with care until the patient is handed over
- contact the family doctor where applicable.
- provide a professional dedicated emergency medical service to our members in our area of coverage (see map below)
- ensure that paramedic/s are on duty 24-hours a day, 365 days a year
- respond in as short a time as possible to all emergency calls
- equip our paramedics with state-of-the-art emergency medical equipment (including heart defibrillators, ventilators, oxygen, pain-relieving drugs, etc)
- treat all patients with the best possible critical care until an ambulance or helicopter arrives for their transfer.
To contact CMR paramedic services, please use our 24-hr emergency numbers 082 782 4444 or 021 782 4444.