The area covered by CMR in the Far South extends South from Marina Da Gama, Lakeside and Muizenberg on the False Bay Coast, and South from Noordhoek on the Atlantic side of the Peninsula, out to Cape Point.
The CMR paramedics and vehicles are centrally situated in this specific area to ensure that reaction times are kept as quick as possible. Our members gain considerable comfort from the fact that emergency medical assistance will – quite literally – never be far away.
The CMR Group comprises Cape Medical Response (CMR), the emergency medical rapid response vehicle; and CMR Ambulance Services (CMRAS), the ambulance transportation unit.
Both CMR and CMRAS are on duty 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, and residents and businesses can become members of CMR by paying a low monthly membership fee.
Every year we treat in excess of two thousand emergency medical cases, and we are proud of our role in providing vital and life-saving medical services to our membership and the community we serve.
Cape Medical Response was formed in Fish Hoek in April 2001 to service an urgent need for Advanced Life-Support paramedic services in Cape Town’s Far South. Since then, the Company has grown steadily to become a strong and essential part of the Far South community.
The function of CMR paramedic staff is to:
- arrive on the scene as quickly as possible
- assess the situation and the condition of those in need of medical attention
- immediately stabilize the patient/s or resuscitate if applicable
- determine if there are any living wills that may need to be honoured
- contact the family doctor where applicable
- establish what additional emergency medical treatment is required (intensive care, surgery, radiology, etc.)
- arrange emergency transport by ambulance, or helicopter if required, and remain with the patient/s until they have been removed by emergency transport.
Our mission, which has remained unchanged since inception, is to:
- provide a professional dedicated emergency medical service to our members in our area of operations
- ensure that paramedic/s are on duty 24-hours a day, 365 days a year
- equip our paramedics with state-of-the-art emergency medical equipment (including heart defibrillators, oxygen, pain-relieving drugs, etc)
- respond in as short a time as possible to all emergency calls
- treat all patients with the best possible critical care until an ambulance or helicopter arrives for their transfer.
To contact CMR paramedic services, please use the 24-hour emergency number 082 782-4444. For any administrative queries, please call 021 782-0606.
CMR Ambulance Services provides 24-hour Advanced Life-Support Ambulance services to Cape Town’s South Peninsula. For 24-hour emergencies and ambulance transport, please contact 082-7824444.
CMR members can subscribe to the CMR Ambulance Add-on Service, whereby, for a small monthly premium, they can get free ambulance transportation in the event of any medical emergency. CMR Ambulance Add-On Members also are entitled to one free non-emergency ambulance transportation per year – either from hospital to home or a step-down facility.
CMR Ambulance Services is fully equipped and staffed by fully trained paramedics to provide:
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Life-Support patient transport as per patient requirements from place of incident to an appropriate hospital or facility
- Intensive Care Transport of critically ill or injured patients from one hospital facility to another.
- Discharged (stretcher) patients to the home or step-down facility
- Road transportation of patients over extended distances across South Africa.
- Events & Film Shoots
CMRAS is registered with the Board of Health Care Funders (BHF) & is compliant with an annual Department of Health Certificate of Inspection. Fees for services not covered by a CMR membership are charged in accordance with nationally recognized tariffs. PRACTICE NO.: 009 003 0340022. REG. NO.: 2007/121456/23
For Medical Emergencies please call – 082 782 4444
For Quotations & Ambulance bookings please call – 021 782 4444
PRACTICE NO.: 009 003 0340022. REG. NO.: 2007/121456/23
Dr Alan Walters (Medical Director)
Darren Zimmerman (Managing Director)
Mark Holland (Memberships)
Taryn Theron (Medical Operations)
Bianca de Meyer (Medical Administration & HR Manager)
Adel Spangenberg (Finance Manager).
Advanced Life-Support Paramedics:
Greg Mills, David Behr and Melanie Janse van Vuuren.
Linley Holmes (Clinical Governance & Training).
Intermediate Life-Support Paramedics:
Kim Yon, Marcel Holt, Heath Giloi, Alet Prinsloo, Jessica Croukamp, Thomas Vermaak, Monique Joubert, Jacqui Mortensen, Andre Yon, Tyron Thomas, Darren Barnard.
Basic Life-Support Paramedics:
Alex Jekwa, Fiona McLellan, Lance Lancaster, Rosario van der Merwe, Lorraine Venter, Tracy Savage, Chris Croukamp.
Control Room Staff:
Morgan Will (Supervisor)
Our Administrative staff includes:
Kim Yon (Events Administrator)
Lameez Davis (Membership Accounts Administrator)
Melinda Zimmerman (Medical Administrator)
Sybil Kroukamp (Administrative Assistant)
Tiffany Adams (Reception)
Lisa Gardner (Memberships and First Aid Administrator)
Fritz Welgemoed (Memberships and Product Sales).
Gillian Petersen (Creditors Clerk)