The CMR Group comprises Cape Medical Response (CMR), the emergency medical rapid response vehicle; and CMR Ambulance Services (CMRAS), the ambulance transportation unit.
Both CMR and CMRAS are on duty 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, and residents and businesses can become members of CMR by paying a low monthly membership fee.
Every year we treat in excess of two thousand emergency medical cases, and we are proud of our role in providing vital and life-saving medical services to our membership and the community we serve.
Cape Medical Response was formed in Fish Hoek in April 2001 to service an urgent need for Advanced Life-Support paramedic services in Cape Town’s Far South. Since then, the Company has grown steadily to become a strong and essential part of the Far South community.
The function of CMR paramedic staff is to:
- arrive on the scene as quickly as possible
- assess the situation and the condition of those in need of medical attention
- immediately stabilize the patient/s or resuscitate if applicable
- determine if there are any living wills that may need to be honoured
- contact the family doctor where applicable
- establish what additional emergency medical treatment is required (intensive care, surgery, radiology, etc.)
- arrange emergency transport by ambulance, or helicopter if required, and remain with the patient/s until they have been removed by emergency transport.
Our mission, which has remained unchanged since inception, is to:
- provide a professional dedicated emergency medical service to our members in our area of operations
- ensure that paramedic/s are on duty 24-hours a day, 365 days a year
- equip our paramedics with state-of-the-art emergency medical equipment (including heart defibrillators, oxygen, pain-relieving drugs, etc)
- respond in as short a time as possible to all emergency calls
- treat all patients with the best possible critical care until an ambulance or helicopter arrives for their transfer.
To contact CMR paramedic services, please use the 24-hour emergency number 082 782-4444. For any administrative queries, please call 021 782-0606.
CMR Ambulance Services provides 24-hour Advanced Life-Support Ambulance services to Cape Town’s South Peninsula. For 24-hour patient transfers or transport, please contact 0861 782-333. For 24-hour emergency medical response, please call the CMR 24-hour number on 082 782-4444.
CMR Ambulance Services is fully equipped and staffed by fully trained paramedics to provide:
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Life-Support patient transport as per patient requirements from place of incident to an appropriate hospital or facility
- Intensive Care Transport of critically ill or injured patients from one hospital facility to another.
- Discharges to the patient’s home or step-down facility
- Long Distance patient transport.
- Events & Film
CMRAS is registered with the Board of Health Care Funders (BHF) & is compliant with an annual Department of Health Certificate of Inspection. Fees to non-members are charged in accordance with nationally recognized tariffs. Although CMRAS will assist any member of the public, CMR members do take priority.
CMR members can subscribe to the CMR Ambulance Add-on Service, whereby, for a small monthly premium, they can get free ambulance transportation in the event of any medical emergency. CMR Ambulance Add-On Members also are entitled to one free non-emergency ambulance transportation per year – either from hospital to home or a step-down facility.
For more information please call (Office Hours) – 021 782 4444
For Quotations & Ambulance booking please call – 0861 782-333 or email Ambulance@cmr-med.co.za
For Medical Emergencies please call – 082 782 4444
PRACTICE NO.: 009 003 0340022. REG. NO.: 2007/121456/23